12 Shopify Apps Digital Agencies May Consider Using in Their Next Shopify Project
List of Shopify apps that can bring lots of value to your / your clients e-commerce business and can handle almost everything.
Today we’ll be talking about Shopify apps. With the rapid growth of Shopify’s popularity on the eCommerce scene, and sales on the platform increasing by 76% and surpassing one million merchants worldwide, the demand for Shopify-powered websites also reaches a new peak. Digital agencies more often work with end clients who have online stores and want to create successful eCommerce websites for them.
However, a great and functional design combined with a well-written Shopify theme isn’t always enough, especially when it comes to selling products. The good news is, Shopify integrates a lot of useful tools that can increase conversion rates. To go a step further and help your clients being successful with their eCommerce websites, here are the top 12 Shopify apps that will do some real magic.
Before we start, we would like to add that, we have no affiliation with the developers of the apps. However, we either have had experience with the apps first hand or good feedback from our clients who have used them. This article aims to share knowledge and recommend useful tools.
Each app is related to the different important tasks of the overall eCommerce experience, so feel free to fast-travel to the topic of your interest.
So, let’s start with the essentials.
Top 12 Shopify Apps For Digital Agencies: Overview
- Sumo: Strategically-Placed Incentives
- Yotpo: Product Reviews, Photo Reviews, Site Reviews & Ratings
- SendinBlue: Powerful Email Marketing
- ShipStation: Optimal Shipping Experience
- ReConvert Upsell & Cross-Sell: Upselling and Cross-Selling to Customers
- Replay Live Session Recordings: See How People Interact With the Website
- Advoz: Handles Social Media
- Pre‑Order Manager 2.0: Pre-Ordering Experience
- Accessibility Assistant: Social Responsibility
- Shogun: Landing Page Builder
- Bold Subscriptions: For Subscription Offering
- Accentuate: Advanced Custom Fields
1. Sumo Shopify App
This a Shopify app with a free plan, that aims to boost conversion rates and sales. Amongst the features, this app will benefit the performance of your clients’ website by:
- It sets up strategically-placed incentives. This increases the average order value by better engagement.
- Presents customers with an incentive to complete the purchase when the algorithm detects they will abandon their cart.
- It sends specifically targeted emails to subscribed window-shoppers in order to convert them into actual buyers.
- Collects email addresses with high-converting opt-in forms every time visitors browse. This allows the marketing team of your clients to follow their visitors up with offers.
The tool integrates with MailChimp, Klaviyo, HubSpot, Campaign Monitor, and other more popular email clients.
We’ve selected this app over others because it combines features that otherwise may require the installation of multiple apps and they may not work well with each other.
2. Yotpo Shopify App – Product Reviews & Photos
Product Reviews, Photo Reviews, Site Reviews & Ratings
Another Shopify app with a free plan that benefits your clients by collecting product reviews, ratings, site reviews & photos using automatic review emails, and SMS. Such elements as social proof and reviews in addition to photos and videos increase engagement and conversion rates. Feature highlights include the following:
- Collect reviews, ratings, photos, and Q&A from customers
- Increases conversion by showcasing customer content onsite
- App partnership with Google to boost brand discovery & increase traffic from search
- Sharing customer content on Facebook & Instagram
- Migrating reviews from Bazaarvoice, PowerReviews, Trustpilot, Judge.me, Stamped, Loox, and Rivyo
Yotpo is another great app that we like to use when such functionality is required on a Shopify store for a client. It’s very well rated on the Shopify app store and for a reason. It has all of the features you may need when you think about reviews and ratings and even some you haven’t thought of.
3. SendinBlue Shopify App
Powerful Email Marketing
The next app is a very powerful tool for email marketing with a free plan available. It will help your clients deploy powerful email and SMS campaigns that will improve rates and track metrics. Its best features include the fact that the app is extremely easy to use.
- It syncs contacts and orders to send responsive newsletters.
- Sends both transactional and marketing SMS directly from Shopify back office
- Recipients receive transactional emails so that they don’t miss anything
This one is among others, because of its ease-of-use and also it’s great for people looking for an alternative to MailChimp.
4. ShipStation Shopify App
Optimal Shipping Experience
This app is very valuable for clients to grant their customers a great buying and shipping experience. It lets the clients consolidate orders from multiple channels and gain the best USPS rates possible. The app starts at $9 per month with a 30-day free trial and includes:
- Importing orders from over 100 places, carts, and stores.
- Rate shop and print labels for all carriers.
- Geo-tracking page with client’s brand, social links, and messaging.
- Custom self-service portal for fast, hassle-free customer returns.
- Tracking stock levels and alerts when inventory count is low.
- Detailed analytics
- Includes mobile app for tracking the process
We thought you might want to consider your shipping process as well, so we’ve added this one. We haven’t used it in person, but some of our clients have tried it and they were really happy with the app.
5. ReConvert Upsell & Cross-Sell Shopify App
Upselling and Cross-Selling to Customers
The app is about upselling and cross-selling to customers. This way your clients will increase their cart size and average order value. With a free plan available and a 30-day trial, ReConvert features:
- A Thank You Landing Page Builder to easily design your order status page- no technical knowledge necessary.
- One-click Upsell & Cross-sell to boost revenue with Thank You page smart upsells: collect birthdays, surveys, checkout upsell, Bundle, cross-sell & 17track order tracking.
- Post-Purchase Upsell Tracking: collects important info using surveys and gets customers birthdays.
6. Replay Live Session Recordings Shopify App
See How People Interact With the Website
This free app provides live recordings of shoppers’ sessions so the marketing team of your clients can see how people interact with the website. With information such as knowing where shoppers get stuck and why they abandon carts, your clients will be able to evaluate and fix the issue.
Insights on why the landing page is not converting, or even proving if a redesign is successful.
Full sessions recording of how visitors navigate through the website.
If you want to provide the best experience to your clients, this app could help you understand when they face issues and you can also pass valuable information to the people who work on the Shopify store back-end development.
7. Advoz Shopify App
Handles Social Media
A Shopify app for store owners who don’t have a marketing team and need help with handling their social media presence. The app creates custom ads for FaceBook, Instagram, and Google. In addition, it sets the client with s high-level audience.
- Real online advertising pros designing and creating ads.
- Fresh visual graphics or videos to better promotion of services.
- Weekly analytic and feedback emails.
We strongly believe that everyone should use expert services, no matter if it’s design, development, marketing, or anything else. However, not every startup business has a budget, so this might be a good choice for owners with limited resources that want to start small.
8. Pre‑Order Manager Shopify App
With this app, your clients will benefit from accepting pre-orders from their customers. They can enable it for individual items and services and limit the pre-order numbers for each.
- Pre-Order button shows on product pages, collection, the home page, AJAX carts, and quick view.
- Changes the “Add to cart” button to “Pre-Order” for out-of-stock products, automatically.
- Individual pre-order settings for certain products, variants, or collections or for store-wide items.
Pre-ordering is becoming a trend. It brings some hype around the products, so consider adding this app to your list and think of possible use cases.
9. Accessibility Assistant Shopify App
With a free plan available, this app tries to meet any law requirements and also helps people with disabilities have a satisfying experience on the website. Here are some features that you will find there.
- Keyword Navigation: It can highlight a particular component that is easily visible.
- Desaturation: Converts color mode into black and white mode.
- Gigantic Text: Augments the text size up to 4 levels.
- Cursor: Enables immense Cursor and Reading Mode.
- Starring Links: Highlights all the anchor links.
- Additional Contrast: Facilitates different modes like Invert color, Dark Color. and Light Color.
Adding accessibility features for people with disabilities is maybe one of the most important things. Not only this app will help to avoid any law implications, but it will increase the brand value and revenue. And most importantly it will bring lots of value to anyone with disabilities.
10. Shogun Landing Page Builder Shopify App
Build Custom Pages
Plans start from $39/month with a 10-day free trial. This Shopify app is made to build homepages, product pages, landing pages with a versatile drag-and-drop designer. The app works with any theme and could build you new pages or edit the ones you already have.
- Structure: Paragraphs, Headings, Sections, Columns, Tabs, Accordion, Sidebars, Separators, and Tables.
- Media: Parallax Display, Image Slideshows, Image Carousels, Overlays, Video and Image Backgrounds, YouTube, Vimeo, Social Icons, Hover Effects, and Google Maps.
- Conversions: Sale Countdown Timers, Custom Forms, Sales and Discount Tags and Add to Cart Buttons.
Since the first time we tried Shogun, we fell in love with it. Our experience with this app is really amazing so far, so we would definitely recommend it. Our clients seem to like it as well, so it makes it a great choice for anyone in the process – developers, marketing agencies, business owners.
11. Bold Subscriptions Shopify App
For Subscription Offering
Bold Subscriptions gives you the flexibility to create a subscription offering. Fully integrated with Shopify Checkout and Shopify Payments, so customers can purchase one-time & subscribe to recurring products together. $49.99/month with a 60-day free trial.
- Subscribe and save discounts
- Configuring different subscription intervals
- Subscriber self-management options
- Mixed cart checkout with one-time and recurring products
- Auto-branded customer portal
- Cancellation prevention
- Customizable email notifications
- Complete customer account management
- Recover failed transactions due to incorrect or out of date credit card information with basic dunning management
It’s a great app for recurring product subscriptions. We’ve tried and it works well.
12. Accentuate Custom Fields Shopify App
Advanced Custom Fields App
Accentuate is the most popular custom fields app for Shopify to extend your store with multi-language text fields, images, checkboxes, dates, selection lists, and custom JSON objects. It has a free plan available and a 30-day free trial.
- 25 different field types
- Multi-language fields w/built-in translation
- Repeatable fields
- Cross-reference products, variants, collections, blogs, articles, pages, and images with each other.
- Advanced image handling
- Automatic product tagging
- Allows you to give your customers access to custom fields defined by you (birthday, nickname, shoe size, favorite color)
- Secure storage
That’s one of the Shopify apps we’ve been using for quite a while and we find it really helpful. It has tones of features that help us in our day-to-day work. It’s mainly oriented to developers who build websites on Shopify stores, but it could also be used by anyone in the process, with just some skills in Shopify development.
These integrated apps for Shopify add value in different categories for any eCommerce website. No matter if you have a digital agency, freelance, or maintain your own Shopify store, finding the right tools can make your work much easier and give you a helping hand in popularizing your services and make better sales.
On the topic of Shopify, here are other articles that might interest you.